BABY WEANING TIPS
The following baby weaning tips are here to guide you through knowing when to start weaning to how to wean a baby in a way that works for you:
- Establish whether your baby is ready to start weaning or not - there are 3 signs you should be looking for
- Start with veggies. It’s best to start with one vegetable at a time, so that your baby’s precious palate gradually learns to distinguish between individual tastes.
- Ensure a variety of baby weaning foods so your baby grows up accepting a wide range of flavours and textures
- Avoid overly sweet or salted foods. It’s important that the flavours are not masked with salt or sweetened to make the savoury flavours more acceptable.
- Know when they've had enough. Babies are generally aware when they’ve had enough and are good at indicating it, so if they start turning their head away or fuss when you offer more food, or even clamp their mouth shut, these are cues for you to respond to.
- Try not to worry, whether you’re following baby led weaning over traditional spoon feeding methods, or a combination of the two, there is no right or wrong way to do baby weaning. The main thing is your baby eats a wide variety of food and learns to enjoy the start of a journey that will last the whole of their lives!